Scope and overview:
CGA have recently unveiled the completion of 7 number shop fronts installed in the busy cosmopolitan area of Spitalfields Market. The design was based around a Morden material construction of a traditional design high street shop unit. The works were to extend the existing retail units out from the old curtain wall line of the Allen & Overy Building at 1 Bishops square. Each new unit has its own dedicated heat & cooling system, metered lighting and power and finished to the highest of standards. Each retail unit had a curtain wall material designed shop front and entrance feel but utilising high performance glass and materials designed for curtain wall systems. The new roof cover was finished in a sedum green roof system that compliments the finished product and with the projected signs and awning give a feel of traditional high street shopping.
- The project was in the heart of a busy London 5 day a week market Spitalfields. The buildings existing spaces services we also fed from the Allen & Overy Building.
- The new services had to be removed from landlords supplies.
- The Allen & Ovary Building security entrance was part of the scope to be upgraded and adapted.
- All works were undertaken behind security and safety hoardings. These were adapted out of hours and when needed. The site team monitored the entire build from logistics in and waste out during the early hours of the morning or weekends.
- All services isolated had to undergo a strict permit to isolate and remove with collaborative working with the A&O maintenance team.
- CGA worked with A&O on ensuring that the contractors security entrance works were sequenced in two phases as not to effect the daily influx of contractors and temporary visitors to the building.
Scope and Finishes:
- New roof finishes
- Structural steel for new projected shop fronts
- New roof finishes and capping
- New high performance glass modules
- Bespoke Curtain wall design profiles and doors system
- Soft strip demolition and removal of existing block walls
- New block segregation walls
- New individual metered electrical supplies.
- Insulated soffits with 200mm ridged insulation over boarded with plasterboard and finished
- New Public health and waste services
- New electrical small power
- New lighting scheme
- New MVHR and AC per unit
- Rendered internal wall finishes
- Bifold doors to two number shop fronts
- Green roof system
- Sedum roof finishes
- External cladding overhaul and paint finishes
- New security reception doors and fire escape doors