Introduction / Scope:
During the global pandemic Clive Graham Worked with our repeat business client GSK to design, manufacture and introduce a new compliant and modernised reception desk and upgrade of the existing reception aesthetics overall.
CGA worked with the reception desk designers with the base concept design issued by the architect to ensure that the desk met all GSK security and compliancy needs.
1. CGA worked with the client to install a temporary reception desk within the area and ensure that the temporary COVID protection methods and one way system was always in place. During the pandemic there were a reduced number of occupants in the building.
2. The works were undertaken in front of the main security and reception area and CGA had to ensure that at all times there was no disruption to power of the services to allow for these facilities to function uninterrupted. During the validations of the existing power supplies it became apparent that the existing electricalfeeds were fed from the security power supplies so ability to isolate without effect on the security hub
1. CGA and the client team undertook frequent interface meetings with the security team and reception staff to ensure that the hoarding and works had no effect on the COVID protection methods at any time
2. Close open collaboration working with the security team and in house maintenance team to ensure no shutdowns had any effect on the day to day running of the security system. Key pre-planned shutdowns of power and during this time the reception systems were removed from the security supplies to allow for total isolation of dual power supplies and the ability to isolate in the future without effect on the security team
Materials and components:
· Full design and manufacture of modern complaint reception desk
· New dedicated electrical small power and light to allow for isolation without effect to surrounding areas
· Wall finishes
· Illuminated GSK corporate signage
· GSK Graphics
· Match existing stone flooring
· Bespoke passes drop box
· Hearing loop
· Site stand interface for the desk
· DDA complaint wheelchair interaction
· Heating and cooling upgrades to reception desk
· Feature lighting to desk plinth
· Full decorations to reception desk area
· Upgrade works to luggage store
· COVID removal protection screens