Scope & Overview:
CGA have just undertook and completed phase 2 to the Hemel Hempstead Sopra Steria head office. We were appointed by the client following a close interface with the client and their team through the design stages of the project. CGA works with the client, cost manager and designers on getting the project through the stages of feasibility, programme, costs and design to get the project to a stage 3 design. The project was very CDP bias, and using the stage 3 design we appointed our specialist contractor to undertake the design of the cladding system, draught lobby automated doors and window installation to the existing curtain walling.
The scope of works associated with the entire phase were to provide a ne vehicle entrance to the Sopra Steria logistic in entrance. This included a new sliding gate and also pedestrian access via a swipe card. We had to provide and maintain a fully functioning entrance for logistics on behalf of the client during the works.
CGA maintained and managed a temporary access to the space and worked with the client to ensure that the works had minimal effect on the client.
Scope and finishes
- Repair and spray paint 60% of the existing building
- New windows to the ground floor
- New gaskets and capping to the existing first floor windows
- New cladding system to 40% of the building with a new modern projected design
- Trespa cladding system to draught lobby
- New steel work structure to support and form draught lobby
- Two sets of automated and secured sliding doors to reception
- Draught lobby entrance matting and lighting scheme.
- Trespa soffit design
- New steel security doors
- New civils drainage to the car parks
- New landscaping
- External lighting scheme
- Ground works and form concrete enclosure for gate housing when open
- Sliding entrance gate
- Illuminated bollards